Win a safety presentation for your school!
In 2020, schools that bank their Day for Daniel fundraising before 30 November 2020 will go into the draw to win a safety presentation from Bruce and Denise Morcombe!
To be in the running, simply follow these steps:
– Hold a fundraiser for Day for Daniel at your school, such as a free dress day, bake sale or sausage sizzle – the options are endless!
– Bank your fundraising by 30 November 2020 at www.DanielMorcombe.com.au/donate or by following the instructions for a bank deposit.
– All schools with primary age students will automatically go into the draw to win a safety presentation from Bruce and Denise at the school!
The ‘Win a School Presentation’ competition is open to Australian primary schools and schools with students in years 3 to 6, as the educational nature of Bruce and Denise’s presentation is appropriate for this age group of students.
Competition terms and conditions
Eligibility and how to enter
- The Competition Period concludes on Monday 30 November 2020 at 23:59pm (AEST).
- Only schools with a physical address in Australia and a student cohort including (but not limited to) children in years/grades 3 to 6 (primary school), will be eligible to enter in the lucky draw.
- To enter the competition, the following steps must be completed:
- Schools must be registered for Day for Daniel with the Daniel Morcombe Foundation. Registration can be completed at any time through the Foundation’s website www.DanielMorcombe.com.au.
- Following Day for Daniel activities held at the school, funds raised must be deposited to the Daniel Morcombe Foundation and received by Monday 30 November 2020 at 23:59pm (AEST) in one of the following ways:
- Online via the Daniel Morcombe Foundation’s website www.DanielMorcombe.com.au clearly stating the name of the school.
- Electronic bank deposit, with corresponding email sent to email@example.com outlining full details of the transaction with the name and contact information for the school.
- Physical bank deposit, with corresponding email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining full details of the transaction with the name and contact information for the school.
- In person donation of the funds at the Daniel Morcombe Foundation head office in Palmwoods, Queensland, providing the funds are counted and the name and contact information for the school is provided.
- Once the donation has been made, the school will be automatically entered into the draw if it meets all other criteria.
- Funds deposited will only be eligible for this competition if they are donated by the school entity or a nominated representative from the school and are donated from a school bank account or other official means of monetary transfer from the school. Private individuals or entities cannot donate on behalf of the school to enter this competition.
- The Daniel Morcombe Foundation reserves the right at any time to verify the validity of entrants and to disqualify any entrant that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
- There is one (1) Winning School.
- The Winning School will be drawn randomly by computer within seven (7) days of the close of the Competition Period.
- The Winning School will be notified via phone or email via the nominated contact phone number or email address.
- The Daniel Morcombe Foundation will attempt to contact the Winning School three (3) times over a seven (7) day period via the nominated contact number or email address. The Winning School has five (5) business days from the last contact to respond to the Daniel Morcombe Foundation. If the Daniel Morcombe Foundation has not received a response by the end of this time, the Winning School forfeits the prize in its entirety and, at the Daniel Morcombe Foundation’s discretion, the prize may be redrawn.
- An announcement confirming the winner will be made on the Daniel Morcombe Foundation Facebook page after the Winning School has been confirmed.
- In the event the Winning School does not accept the prize it may, at the discretion of the Daniel Morcombe Foundation, be redrawn.
- By accepting the prize, the Winning School agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the prize.
- The lucky draw is final. The Daniel Morcombe Foundation will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
- The prize is one (1) safety presentation from Bruce and Denise Morcombe at the Winning School. The presentation provides child safety education suitable for children in years 3 to 6, covering a variety of personal safety topics and key messaging including ‘Recognise, React, Report’. The presentation is approximately one (1) hour in length and is generally conducted in front of a school assembly or gathering of students in the target age bracket outlined above.
- The prize can be redeemed from the commencement of Term 1 in 2021, with the presentation conducted on a mutually agreed upon date between the Daniel Morcombe Foundation and the Winning School.
- The prize is of no monetary value to the Winning School and cannot be redeemed or compensated for cash.
- The prize of one (1) safety presentation is conducted on one (1) day and cannot be divided or duplicated.
- The presentation must be conducted at the winning school’s premise.
- Dates available for school presentations are subject to any travel restrictions and advice from the government due to pandemics and any other disaster. The Daniel Morcombe Foundation and Bruce and Denise Morcombe reserve the right to change the date as necessary to align with government restrictions and advice.
- The Winning School will not incur any costs for the travel of Denise and Bruce Morcombe.